Introductory tours of Tartu Nature House
Tartu Nature House is not just an educational centre and a hobby school – nature friendly lifestyle and values are deeply integrated into the house itself. Our new house, built in 2013, is inspired by the pattern of the cracks that form on a log upon drying, which coupled with the park, forms an invisible united netting. In building the Nature House we have used durable, eco friendly and healthy materials and technologies, as well as solutions used in passive houses. In one wing of the building we have a rich in species room with animals, whose residents’ peculiarity, colourful life stories and relaxing atmosphere are best understood with the help of a guide.
Discover from the tour:
- the fascinating history of the long-standing and dignified 65 years old Tartu Nature House;
- exciting daily life in our building – children’s hobby school, educational programmes, projects and exhibitions;
- how exactly is the Nature House wholly green – both a green conservatory, Green office as well as a Green school;
- from which eco friendly materials the house is constructed; how economic sorting systems of heating, electricity, water and waste work;
- which exotic plants grow in the conservatory and which of them end up on the Nature House employees food table;
- who live in our animal room and how they have ended up here;
- what is hidden in the building’s most secret and most important room, also known as the tech room.
Tours can be adjusted according to the group’s interests and an option to focus on a specific part or activity of the house is available. During warm weather an introduction on the landcaping of the park can be added to the tour.
The tour is a perfect interlude to courses, conferences, seminars or birthdays! It gives an opportunity to discover new hidden oasis in Tartu city.
- Guided tour of the house (up to 25 people): in estonian 45 €/h and in english 55€/h*. Minimum lenght of the tour is 0,5h. Languages: English, Russian or Estonian. Please book the suitable time in advance.
*In addition to the tour cost, tickets apply to regular guests and guests who are not renting rooms (Full ticket 3€, discount 2€).
Additional info and booking: email@example.com